Sunday, September 25, 2011

Don't, Don't You Want Me?

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present the most Wearable Sin I plan on doing in this series, Lust. I wanted ALL of the looks to be a bit more... Editorial. Like something you'd see a model wearing in some High End fashion magazine like Vogue Italia. I ended up opting for something classicly sexy, like a smokey eye and cat Eyeliner. And False lashes that my Mama couldn't even tell were there. XD Either the lashes are that damned good, or I did a fine job blending my own lashes in.

In doing this I discovered that I NEED to practice my nose contouring more. >.<






Before my wardrobe change. :) The lighting in my room was so perfect...


My older sister told me I reminded her of Snow White for some reason. I laughed and said "Psh. If Snow White were kick ass."


 


In these last three pictures... NO I am NOT naked/topless/etc. :)


 
Products Used:

Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Matte Eye Shadow Primer
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer
Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Palette
Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette
Covergirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara
Random Falsies Bought Off Ebay
Revlon Brand Eyelash Adhesive
Covergirl Instant Cheek Bones Contouring Blush in Refined Rose [the middle color]
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in Porcelain Ivory [Light 1] (Which is, get this, still too dark for me]
Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder, Oil Control in Classic Ivory 510 and for contouring Soft Honey 555
Milani Crystal Gloss for lips in Secret
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Blackest Black
EcoTools travel sized eyebrushes. :) I loves me mah EcoTools!
Coastal Scents Baby Buki brush (whom I have affectionately named Boo-kee. I'm soo creative!"

And finally: A kickass corset from OrchardCorset.com

You'd never be able to tell in pictures, that in person, my foundation is actually two to three shades too dark/orange for me. LOL. I didn't want to use a Matte foundation with this look because I wanted a dewy looking finish that I wouldn't have been able to achieve otherwise. I also missed using my Dream Liquid Mousse. It was my go-to foundation for QUITE a while.

I was initially going to do a juicy red lip with this look... but I think it would have taken away from the drama of the eyes and made the look overwhelming and unpleasant to look at. So I went for something semi-nude, I think it's a much nicer alternative.

Also, initially in the plan for this look was normal-not-winged-eyeliner. Clearly that plan changed. As I was looking at my eyes in the mirror, with normal every day eyeliner(no lashes applied yet either) I decided that there wasn't anything remotely special about the look... so I started playing with winged eyeliner, the shape, the length, the width... Finally I came out with a thing-ish but dramatic cat-eye.

Top it off with thick black falsies, and I was in love! The lashes made my eyes look wider, the colors[maroon, hot pink, and gold] made the icier toned blues in my eyes pop out- atleast in person. It didn't translate to well into the pictures.

Also, instead of using my normal Eyebrow pencil, I actually used three matte eyeshadows- a red, a brown, and a tan. They're darker than usual and not as strong as I like, but it worked out in the end.

After today's look, I was comparing this to how Envy turned out, and I'm contemplating revisiting Envy. It's an option, I suppose. Anyways, let me know what you guys think! :)

Until next time...

Loves!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment