Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Contest Entry and an Update.

So! For the longest time there was noooo posts from me. I apologize. I had sooo many ideas for this blog that none of the posts I wrote made any sense what so ever. So I decided to give it a break and come back when I FINALLY had something that would make sense.

And today I come to you with a few photos from my very recent [September 6, 2011] Contest entry for Lime Crime's 1950's contest.

My inspiration was a bit of Marilyn Monroe and Rosie the Riveter[who's from the 1940's... I know.]

Here's some pictures:



Makeupppp!! It's a classic look and so simple basically everyone can do it. ^^
Foundation, mascara, and eyeshadow: Cover Girl
Eyeliner and Eyebrow Pencil: Maybeline
Lipstick: Revlon[Wine With Everything]


Boo-doo-bee-doo BOOP!


This last one is just because I felt like showing my dog off. ^_^
So that's that. ^^ Wish me luck.

Moving on!

I am MASSIVELY behind on Nails of the Week and Look of the Week. So! We'll get that out of the way.
Forgive me for not taking a lot of pictures of my makeup recently... or even taking mildly okay pictures... >.<


Foundation: Cover girl in Classic Ivory
Lipgloss: Milani
Cheeks: Cover Girl mixed with a gold eye shadow dusted over it
Eye shadow:
Hard Candy's baked Eyeshadow in SuperNova
Various other purples out of Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Palette.
Eyeliner: Maybeline's Eyestudio Gel liner in Blackest Black
Mascara: Maybeline's Collosal Lash in Blackest Black
Eyebrow Pencil: Maybeline's brow pencil in Light Brown [I cant remember the specific name of the product, but I remember the color. The Pencils are bright red. ^_^]
Just as a Side note: From now on, unless stated otherwise just assume the eyeliner is Maybeline's Gel liner and the Mascara is Cover Girl's Lash Blast.


This look was me being lazy. Nothing but my eyes are done, and you can SO tell. XD
the dark purple eyeshadow is Hard Candy's Baked Kal-eye-dascope in Supernova
The gold colors and the pinker toned purples are all out of the 88 Shimmer Palette from Coastal Scents.


Boy... I sure do like my purples dont I?
Eyeshadow: Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Palette
Lips:  Carmex medicated chapstick.
Cheek: Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette- a mix of various pinks, and then matted down some with Hard Candy's Welcome Matte powder.
Foundation and setting powder: CoverGirl's Clean Foundation in Classic Ivory


 I've made it a new goal of mine to stop using so much purple in my looks. >.> I didnt realize just how much I used purple until I put these pictures up.
So! From now on, no purple, unless it's an accent type color. Sorry all these looks are so similar. I'm actually a whee bit ashamed.

Alright, so I'm off for now to work on another blog post for y'all! Keep an eye out for Messy .vs. Sleek!

No comments:

Post a Comment