Saturday, July 2, 2011

Makeup - It Isn't For the Feint of Heart.

Or atleast my style of makeup isn't.
When I first started doing makeup, I really had barely a clue that there were other colors out there in eyeshadow, aside from the browns and purples my mother and her friend had bought for me on my thirteenth birthday. I knew about Pink and Red lipstick. But I had no clue that other colors existed, really.


Fast Forward two years to High School. I've discovered black, Silver, and Gold. As I walked around Walgreens one day, picking up some eyeliner, I came across L'Oreal's H.I.P Brand... and ohhh my Godddd the color!!


[these pictures are not of L'Oreal's H.I.P. The purple is Hard Candy's Super Nova and the green is from the Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette.]


Ever since then I've been playing around with crazy color combos and experimenting with what colors and finishes look the best on me. So far Shimmer and Satin look the best, but I've never really had the oportunity to play around with Matte colors. I intend to change that because I find that Shimmers tend to make me look Greasey. We of the greasey skinned people try our hardest to avoid extra shine.

So I plan on buying two things very soon. I want to try one of MAC's full coverage Matte foundations- simply because, while I love my freckles, sometimes I just dont want to see them, and my concealer just doesnt cut it. The second thing I want to get, I've had the burning need for, since I got my first Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette. I need the Coastal Scents 88 Original palette. It has a mix of matte and satin finishes.

There's so much that I want from Coastal Scents. But I'll probably turn that into a completely separate blog.

Anyways, my particular brand of makeup is bright and dramatic, I believe that a formal look doesnt neccesarily have to be Neutral or Natural looking. Sure I'm not gonna throw on purple, green, and blue eyeshadow for my prom, but I think that any color eyeshadow can be dressed up to look formal. And that's what I intend to show the world.

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to read my humble little baby Blog. ^_^
<3
Anna

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I like your story... And I've always worn some odd makeup... some of which I wish I hadn't. XD Oh well, I was pretty young.

    Tag, you're it~
    I tagged you in my Top 10 skincare products:
    http://mieumakeup.blogspot.com/2011/07/tag-top-10-awards-skin-care-edition.html#more

    ReplyDelete