Sunday, July 3, 2011

Deal or No Deal?

Ever been afraid that those "package deals" some cosmetics companies advertise really arent such a great deal after all?
"Buy these two products and get the third for free!!"
"Buy these two products together and you'll save $20!!"
"FREE shipping on all orders $50 and up!"
Sometimes it's not such a great deal and you could end up paying more or the same ammount you would have before the "Sale".

Companies are Ninjas like that some times. That's why you have to be a smart shopper and use your "Spidy Senses". When I run across one of these deals I whip out the good 'ol Claculator and do my math.

Assuming it's the "buy two get the third free" deal, I'll add up what the cost of three would be. Sometimes the price is the exact same as paying for three.

What the company did was they split the cost of the third product up between the two original products, making it seem like the third was free, when really, it wasn't.

They can also make it seem like you're getting free Shipping & Handling by doing the same thing. They'll add S&H into the price. You really are paying for S&H, you just don't know it.

Sometimes the Combo deals like "by these two together and you'll save $20" are a scam as well. What you do then is add together the two separate prices. Sometimes- Not all the time. You'll come out with a lower price than the package deal. Usually only by a couple of dollars. Then it's up to you to decide if it's worth it or not to just pay those extra couple of dollars.

Oh, another fun deal I ran across today was a Company threw alll of their products in one package, and charged $150 for it. That's not a deal at all, unless we're talking about Shipping rates. Most of their products are a dollar anyways and they have just over one hundred Makeup Products. Would I buy it? For the sake of Convenience. But just going off the reviews I've read, I really wouldn't bother using quite a lot of the products on a client, simply because that client will remember you not only by your personality and proffesionalism, but also by the makeup job. Did it last the day? Photograph well? Or did it melt off and wear away? I'd rather not be remembered for it all melting off and wearing away.

So long story short, is if you're suspicious about a sale, listen to your spidy senses when they tingle, do your math, and weigh the risks.

On a different note, I'm thinking about starting up a "Look of the Day" post every day... or every couple days. A lot of my favorite bloggers and beauty vloggers do it and I figured maybe I should take a note from their books and do it. So... I think I will. Let me know what y'all think. ^.^

Love,
Anna.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a "look of the week" ... makes it easier on you and gives me time win the week to be able to give it a try and see if it works for me ... Just my two cents!

    ReplyDelete