Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A collaboration of different subjects...

Right. So rather than spamming your notifications box[or Email Inbox. Whatever.] I figured I'd take care of allll of the things I want to talk about today, in one blog as opposed to like... three. LOL.

First things first! Happy Independence Day!! well... er... For those American readers. [sorry this is a day late]. Did y'all have a good day? I did! My family had a Grill Out and then I went to the lake front with a friend to watch the City Fireworks.

Now then. Since this is a beauty blog, I figured I should post my makeup from yesterday, as well as the awesome Manicure I gave myself. Let me know what you think of them.

My makeup for the day, and my very first LOTW[look of the week]:


Looking back at this look, I wish most of my red hadn't blended into the blue and turned purple. :[

I later added a red and white bandanna just to tie everything together.
I love how the red and blue played off of each other and my eyes through the day. There was one point where the red made my iris look like this intense ice blue color.
I didn't put anything on my lips, except for an SPF infused chap stick. Because happy lips are sunburn free lips. XD
What I used for this look:
Blue eyeshadow: The dark blue in Covergirl's Crystal Waters quad.
Red Eyeshadow: The darkest red in the Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Eye Shadow Palette.
Highlight color: 88 Ultra Shimmer Eye Shadow Palette.
Eyeliner: Maybeline's Eye Studio Gel Liner in Blackest Black
Mascara: Maybeline's Colossal Lash
Lip: Some random Chap stick.
Face: Hard Candy's SPF 15 Tinted moisturizer in Fair, set with Hard Candy's Welcome Matte, Mattifying powder.

Alright, now on with the Manicure of the week.
I've had issues with keeping up on my nails, so maybe by also doing a Mani of the week, I'll be able to keep up on taking care of my nails. Let's see if I can keep up. XD





It's unfortunate that the sparkle wouldn't pick up in the photo. It's just making it look like my polish is full of bubbles. >.<
What I used for this manicure:
Base and Top coat: Sally Hansen: Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat
Red: Sally Hansen: Diamond Strength in 89 Honeymoon Red
White: Kiss Nail Art Paint in White.
Blue: Kiss Nail Art Paint in Blue.
Sparkles: Silver craft Glitter.

Okay. So there are the "fill in the blank" of the week. Let me know what you guys think. I'm quite proud of the nails. Granted, it's a simple design that a five year old could figure out. But whatever. So long as it looks good, I'm happy. :)

Now for the completely unrelated:
I can't comment back to you guys when you comment on my Blog, as Blogger has the tendency to say I'm not signed in. So when I go to sign in, it says "anonymous said:" and then I'll be like "whatever." and just sign it at the bottom with my name, but that didnt work either. So from now on, I'll just post my responces to as many comments as I can in one blog. So!

Gabbi Di Mieu said: "Aww, I like your story... and I've always worn some odd makeup... Some of which I wish I hadn't. XD Oh well, I was pretty young."
To which I respond: Yeahhh I've worn some crazy crap. I look back at some of my older pictures and think "ohhhh goddd... what was I thinking?!" and then I'd like to go back in time and smack myself. XD

Anna Banana Said: "I would love to see a "Look of the week"... Makes it easier on you and gives me time in the week to be able to give it a try and see if it works for me... Just my two cents!"
To which I respond: LMAO! We have the same name! My name is Anna! :) So anyways, I took your two cents and have officially started a "look of the week". :) I hope you enjoy!

Thats all for today guys! Thanks for taking time out of your day to read my blog. <3

~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment